Aided by the vision of David Flett duPont, who left a million-dollar bequest toward the improvement of athletic facilities, the duPont Athletic Center opened to the MIT community in 1959. duPont’s bequest also led to the construction of 12 outdoor tennis courts. The J.B. Carr Indoor Tennis Facility houses four indoor courts, as well as locker-rooms, lavatories, and showers. Outdoor courts operate with a walk-up reservation system. Sign-up sheets are generally posted three days in advance.
MIT DAPER is committed to providing an environment that is accessible to individuals with disabilities. For complete accessibility resources that are available, please visit accessibility.mit.edu.