MIT Day Camp Counselor Position Description
MIT Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation are looking for seasonal, part time counselors to help us run a safe, fun and sports-filled summer camp in the MIT Recreation facilities. *For additional pay, counselors can also apply to receive additional training to lead swim lesson activities. Regular camp hours are from 9am – 4pm, early drop off 8am – 9am and late pick up 4pm – 5:30pm. Counselors may be asked to help with drop off and/or pick up hours.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Organize and lead a variety of activities each day. The program schedule will be provided for you and reviewed during camp orientation
- Identify and respond to camper behavior issues. Relay these issues to Camp Director.
- Communicate with parents about campers experiences and report concerns to them.
- Assist in maintaining accurate program records including incident & injury reports, logbook documentation, and daily attendance. Report any logins to Camp Director.
- Report any signs of physical abuse on campers body. Report any physical signs or verbal admittance by camper to Camp Director for further action.
- Know and understand ALL emergency procedures associated with the camp program.
- Know, enforce, and follow all safety guidelines associated with the camp and all program areas. This includes but is not limited to being responsible for your campers’ safety and their whereabouts at all times.
- You may be asked to assist with the camps swim instruction program and sailing program.
- Must be at least 16 years old at first orientation date
- Must pass a CORI/SORI background check each summer for continued employment
- Must attend and participate in camp orientation and attend weekly Monday staff meetings
- First day of camp, June 21, 2022 thru August 5, 2022 (Mon – Fri)
- Camp Orientation is typically held the week prior to camp start
- Counselor starting pay: $15/hour
- *Counselor with additional Swim Instructor training (provided by us): $17-19/hour
Email Amanda Molle at email@example.com with a resume and/or brief introduction
Job Description: Assist with varsity basketball, field hockey, football, lacrosse, soccer, swimming and diving, and volleyball contests. Students may work as often as they desire – no prior experience as an athlete or event staff is required. We also hire students to assist with facility management to prep spaces for varsity and special events sponsored by DAPER. Student facility and event management assignments are done on a month by month schedule.
Hours per week: Flexible based on student’s schedule and number of home contests
Starting Pay: $15 per hour
Prerequisites: MIT Undergraduate or Graduate Student
Employment Dates: Academic year.
Contact: John Bryan at (617) 452-2426 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All positions require individuals who are looking to work hard in a fun environment. View our position descriptions.
The Physical Education & Wellness Program hires specialty instructors to teach part-time. Candidates must have bachelor’s degree and appropriate specialty certification and teaching experience.