Aided by the vision of David Flett duPont, who left a million-dollar bequest toward the improvement of athletic facilities, the duPont Athletic Center opened to the MIT community in 1959. duPont’s bequest also led to the construction of 12 outdoor tennis courts. In addition to serving as the home to MIT basketball, men’s and women’s volleyball utilizes the facility as its home court. The duPont Athletic Center generates the most daily traffic and is equipped with a pistol and rifle range; fencing room; wrestling room; squash courts and additional instructional rooms for dance and martial arts.
MIT DAPER is committed to providing an environment that is accessible to individuals with disabilities. For complete accessibility resources that are available, please visit accessibility.mit.edu.